Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meanderings Sept 25th - thoughts on 50 and my plant

Thoughts on 50. Its interesting….i didn’t really think about it being that much different from 49 or 51, but everyone else seems to think so. If anything it focuses me more on the importance of the amount of time I have on this earth and how I choose to spend that time. How I choose to act as a human being and how choose to interact with others humans. My former boss took me out to lunch today and as he has for every year for my birthday, bought me the scotch of my choice, price not withstanding….so tonight I dwell on Macallan 18 yr old scotch….

My plant – I have not written about vertigo in awhile. I have learned many things from vertigo. First, if you care for something and focus on it and what it needs, it grows, and if you don’t it will become sick. At one point its petals all died, and I thought I had done something wrong….but within another day they sprouted again…..so it brought up the concept of death and rebirth…..and resilience……but the most moving awareness I gained was one night….I was debating in my mind whether to go out and water the plant….i was tired, and had gotten home late…..but I was thinking of this just as I was pouring water for my dog….and I thought…well how I can I give water to the dog and not the plant….and then the connection was made….my plant is just as much a living thing as my dog and deserves my attention. I intentionally purchased it with the goal to care for it…..how could I consider not taking care of it any more or less than I would my dog.

No comments: