Friday, September 03, 2010

My Zen Garden

My Zen Garden
I received a small zen garden as a gift. It has a rake, sand, and some stones. As I set it up, first the one of the wooden spikes of the rake fell off. Was this merely poor craftspersonship or was this a sign, that sometimes we have to adapt and make do with less than the perfect tools we would like in life. Then as I poured out the sand into the garden and started to smoothly spread it, some overflowed out of the boxed garden. Was I merely careless or was it a sign that we should realize when we have enough abundance that we should let some things go. Then when I put the rocks in, it made it more difficult to rake the sand. And again, I found as I raked around the rocks more sand overflowed out of the garden. The only way to have enough room to rake was to move the rocks to the center of the garden. Thus the message is to center oneself to prevent losing the inner fabric of our life. Then I decided that I had delayed writing my sermon long enough and needed to get back to it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Haha! Sounds like you were writing your sermon! Wish I could be there! You go boy!