Saturday, August 08, 2009

Movie Review - Julie and Julia - A 7 on the JWorld Scale

Very entertaining and funny movie. I was never a Julia Child fan, but really Meryl Streep is just a great great actress of our time. Upon rejection of her book, she asks her husband, Have I spent the last eight years just keeping myself occupied” (paraphrase here)…then answering her own question she says “Oh Well” and moves on. Maybe it was that simple in real life…..but even so, it is a good message to take our “failures” in stride. This is a lesson the Julie in the story had to learn as well. The inter-splicing of the two stories into the movie of Julie following Julia Child’s recipes and Julia Child learning how to cook French. This was not necessarily a deep movie (although it did have some deep moments) but it was fun. One thing I noticed though….I was one of the youngest people in the movie. Probably the avg age of attendees was age 60.

No comments: